Monday, March 22, 2010

The New Captain America is...

Chris Evans.

I personally am satisfied by this choice. He has experience in action movies (The Losers, Cellular) as well as comic book movies (Fantastic Four), so this won't be new territory for him. My only drawback is that I will also remember him from the Banana Split scene from Not Another Teen Movie.

Hugo Weaving is slated to play the primary villian Red Skull  (love the choice)  and Alice Eve (The Ten from She's Out of My League) and Emily Blunt (Female lead from The Wolfman) are supposedly the first choices for Steve's love interest in the movie and I'd approve of either choice, but I feel that Alice Eve could pull off that 40's look easier than Emily Blunt.

The movie's title has been said to be "Captain America: The First Avenger" and then "The First Avenger: Captain America". I have a good feeling that only one of these two halves will be included in the final movie title and since this is suppose to be the story of Steve's origins, I hope they drop the The First Avenger from it and just go with Captain America. Let him have his own lime like Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk did. Whenever they do a second Captain America (which is inevitable given the 9 picture deal that Evans had to agree to in order to be Cap), I think the studio can channel their inner Christopher Nolan and go with the The First Avenger title.

CA:TFA/TFA:CA hits theaters

No comments:

Post a Comment